Friday, July 29, 2005

a change in tide

sigghhh.....

i have been recommended by my chem prof to tutor for the subject next sem. ironically, he says it at a time when we are faced with the chapters in chemistry that i know nothing abt, or am too lazy to learn. it is so different from my usual attitude at the start of classes, when i even read 4 chapters in advance, problems and all. now... gosh, i can't even look at chemistry right now.

while this is a welcome development, it puts me in a somewhat awkward situation, since a week before, i had already expressed interest in doing work at the library (yes, yes, i know, BORING, but its the books and the quiet work that appealed to me). i've even become close to the librarians, who i believe have taken a liking to me, putting me in a good spot to secure the part-time position.

to tutor or to bookkeep? i have been doing the former for free for a while, and now there's a chance to get paid for it (and talk to people, which i like). but there's the library, and the advantage of that is i can get to study in quiet as opposed to being asked for study help (crucial during exam weeks). i like both!!! oh what to do, what to do? haaaaay!

then there's mr chem, whom i can't understand right now. he completely avoided me yesterday, whereas the day before, we were chummy-chummy. sigh. a part of me has given up, despite being told he does NOT have a girlfriend. one, because my other friend also has a HUGE crush on him, and two... well.. i dunno. i do have his cellphone number though (and a picture, to boot), but it seems so useless... sigh.

on a happier note, i have been making progress with biology. my bio professor knows me by name (perhaps because of my good performance), but i've also taken to asking material questions from him. he likes it, and even remarks that by the way i debate or ask, i should become a lawyer. but bio class isn't half as fun as my chem, only because i have more friends with the latter.

and what a sight we are! there are two of us who are asians, one is caucasian, one is indian, the other black-american. despite the torture we go thru, we manage to talk, laugh, and tell stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home