Tuesday, January 18, 2005

conversations

while staying recently at a relative's house, i was momentarily given charge of my 6 yr old cousin, who had asked me to help him after he made his poo-poo (riiight. moving on).

what followed was an interesting set of dialogues, which were in its entirety full of innocence (from the boy's perspective, of course). nevertheless, it had me doing my best to supress expressing even the slightest hint of amusement and laughter, less i make an immature impression.

boy: (casually dropping his pants again) hey ate, look at my titi!
me: aaah. yes. wow, you have one!
boy: mine is small. my dad has one too. but his is big! (uses both his hands to emphasize the size)
me: wow, uh, that's big.
boy: ate, whose titi is bigger, my dad or your dad?
me: uh, i don't know. i haven't seen both of them. (trying to stifle a laugh) *cough!*
boy: hey ate, look at this. what is this called?
me: umm, i think they're called testicles.
boy: i like them. they're big.
me: yes they are. (okaaaay...)
boy: i like touching them, too. (proceeds to touch them)
me: uh... um... don't touch them all the time, though.
boy: why?
me: (suddenly speechless with words.. it was all getting too much for me.. must.. smile...)
boy: why? because it will spread germs?
me: YES. because it will spread germs. what a smart boy you are. (big sigh of relief)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home