Saturday, January 01, 2005

o my! my first blog!

celebrating new year has always been a strange feeling for me. amidst all the celebration, i always find myself wistful, always reflective. i look back at the year that was, and contemplate on how i even got by and how i am now.

cynically hopeful. an ironic phrase that i thought fitting to my description. let's see. come new year, i've gone past the supertitious beliefs of being taller (no more jumping up and down for me), of being wealthier (polkadots? puh-leeez. and coins in my pocket? bills na lang! hehe). and my love life...? well, nuff said. kaya nga cynically hopeful e. i've turned a quarter of a century old (gasp!) and i can say, i've only recently tapped into my geeky side (read: tech-obsession). but being a severe self-critic, i know my faults and flaws. i've retreated more than i could've lead. my hair has been the same since i could remember and i still haven't made progress in the weight category. certainly none of that pizzazz(?) or bold changes that would make me stand out.

but crap. wasn't that a little too sad to start the new year? so i remind myself not to be so melodramatic. i've certainly traveled a lot and have been to some amazing places. i have a supportive family, loyal friends, and a wonderful adorable little dog. lots of sappy sappy love, folks. and i may not be able to sing well, play sports, but i can damn well draw! there's the rest of my life to look forward to!

happy new year!

1 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Shaman said...

To get invited to the Mulawin Network, you must tell me your email address so you can be invited. Your identity as cynically hopeful (plus your email address)is enough identification. There is no need to introduce who you really are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home